Before buying a certified pre-owned vehicle, check out this explanation of the certified pre-owned program offered by Chevrolet. This explains the warranty program for the manufacturer; how old the certified pre-owned vehicles are, and other benefits you can expect from the manufacturer's certified pre-owned program.
In 2011, GM revamped its certified pre-owned program so it is no longer called GM Certified Used Vehicles. The biggest change for consumers was the introduction of Owner Care, a first in the certified pre-owned vehicle industry that includes a two-year/30,000-mile standard vehicle maintenance program, will cover oil changes based on each vehicle's Oil Life Monitor system, tire rotations, and multi-point vehicle inspections at no charge to the customer.
To be considered for the GM Certified program, a vehicle must be six years old or newer, with less than 75,000 miles. (That's a really generous timeframe.)
- The vehicles get a five-year/100,000 mile limited powertrain warranty with 24-hour roadside assistance and courtesy transportation;
- 172-Point Inspection;
- 3-Day/150-Mile "No Questions Asked" Customer Satisfaction Guarantee; and
- a Vehicle History Report;
- free trials of OnStar and Sirius/XM Satellite Radio.
- GM also says its offers like-new vehicle financing for qualified buyers but only on certain vehicles.
So, forget about a 2006 Corvette Z06 at 2.9 percent financing. Take any financing claims with a grain of salt because manufacturer financing is a mercurial thing subject to change on the slightest whims.