Before buying a certified pre-owned vehicle, check out this explanation of the certified pre-owned program offered by Mazda whose program was updated in 2010 with apparent success. This explains the warranty program for the manufacturer; how old the certified pre-owned vehicles are, and other benefits you can expect from the manufacturer's certified pre-owned program.
Read this interview with Eric Watson, head of Mazda's certified pre-owned program for some behind-the-scenes info.
This designation is for Mazdas that are four model years old or newer, have been driven fewer than 60,000 miles and have passed a 150-point vehicle inspection designed to test every aspect of a vehicle.
- At the conclusion of the new vehicle powertrain warranty, the Mazda Certified Powertrain Warranty begins.
- This warranty will cover all the components listed for a total of 7 years or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first from the original in-service date.
- The company's comprehensive warranty now covers 12 months/12,000 miles, versus three months/3,000 miles previously and has zero deductible.
- Each Mazda Certified Pre-Owned vehicle comes with a free AutoCheck vehicle history report by Experian. It provides valuable information on ownership history, registration information and checks for potential problems such as frame, fire or water damage, lemon law claims, odometer issues and more.
- 24-hour roadside assistance is offered and benefits are transferable.
More information is available at Mazda certified pre-owned website.