Before buying a certified pre-owned vehicle, check out this explanation of the certified pre-owned program offered by Toyota. This explains the warranty program for the manufacturer; how old the certified pre-owned vehicles are, and other benefits you can expect from the manufacturer's certified pre-owned program.
Toyota says more than 2 million of its certified used vehicles have been sold in the U.S.
Each comes with:
- 3-Month/3,000-Mile Comprehensive Warranty;
- 7-Year/100,000-Mile Limited Powertrain Warranty
- 7-Year/100,000-Mile Roadside Assistance
- 160-Point Quality Assurance Inspection
- CarFax Vehicle History Report
Toyota says certified pre-owned customers are eligible for new car financing rates. This is subject to change without notice. Check out the website for more information.
For years Toyota vehicles had a sterling reputation. Do your homework and don't just assume because it's certified pre-owned that it will be entirely trouble free.
Obviously, Toyota products have been in the news of late. One advantage to buying a certified pre-owned Toyota is you will know all recall work has been done. The free CarFax report that is provided should indicate the work completion.
Toyota has a separate certified pre-owned program for its many hybrid vehicles. While it closely mirrors the regular certified pre-owned program, there are some differences:
- The vehicle gets a 174 point inspection
- The hybrid batteries are certified for 8 years or 100,000 miles. That's an important consideration because hybrid batteriess are expensive to replace.
More information is available at the Toyota hybrid certified pre-owned website.